GLOBAL eXtra – Large scale bridge CMM
The GLOBAL eXtra can accommodate large and heavy workpieces without the need for special foundations. The GLOBAL eXtra, designed for measurement in the production environment, features ACTIV® structural thermal compensation, bellow covers on X and Y guideways and operating temperatures up to 30°C. For unlimited access to hard-to-reach features, these larger size GLOBAL CMMs can be equipped with HH-ACW-43MW continuous wrist.
GLOBAL eXtra has been designed to meet the specific requirements of dimensional inspection of car body components in a shop environment. To this purpose, this CMM is characterized by an isostatic steel workbench at a lower height from the ground and with stabilized temperature, larger measuring ranges and wider daylights, a vertical ram of sintered silicon carbide, structural temperature compensation and protection bellows on the X and Y axis. The operating temperature range is 15 to 30 °C. For a better system, flexibility, GLOBAL eXtra offers full compatibility with the HH-ACW-43MW continuous wrist and the DEA FIVE U-nique flexible fixturing system.
- Bridge structure allows to achieve higher accuracy and does not require foundations
- Slant Bridge® – exclusive patent for better stability of the mobile assembly
- Monolithic isostatic surface plate made from steel. The high machining level allows to use the FIVE U-nique flexible fixturing system (DEA exclusive patent).
- Surface plates up to 4000 mm and cross-sections up to 2000 x 1800 mm (standard dimensions) available even with Y axis stroke longer than 4000 mm
- Can be installed with surface plate flush to the floor
- HH-ACW-43MW continuous wrist available as option which mounts extensions up to 570 mm
- Greater head light (308 mm) for the use of part fixturing systems
- ACTIV® structural temperature compensation which permits operating temperature of 15 to 30 °C, daily gradient extended to 10 °C
- Temperature stabilization of the surface plate by forced air circulatio