The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator (Patented & Other Patents Pending) is a fully-digital drop-in replacement for traditional optical comparators. It works directly with your part’s CAD data and doesn’t require and overlays.
The system is extremely easy to use, and thanks to its advanced, patented CAD Auto-Align™ and CAD Auto-Pass/Fail™ tools, operators can compare parts to their CAD data completely automatically, directly on the shop floor.
VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators eliminate operator error and can automatically collect complete electronic documentation including measurements, statistics, Pass/Fail results, a high-resolution image of the part with its CAD overlay, etc.
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator can also be integrated into an automated work cell and controlled via Ethernet or RS-232 communications.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Produce a very high contrast image with very sharp edge profiles so that there is no problem viewing it in full daylight
- Are much more accurate
- Allow the user to be much more productive and get more work done with a single machine
- Include our patented CAD Auto-Align™ and CAD Auto-Pass/Fail™
- Can compute and display the part’s deviation from nominal and compare it to bi-directional tolerances
- Work directly with the CAD data so that no overlays / templates / Mylars™ are required
- Can be used to collect images (either with or without the CAD data overlay and with or without annotations), measurements and data.
- Can also carry out fully automated measurements (like a video CMM)
- Can automatically send measurements, statistics and data to Excel™ or other external applications
- Have a smaller footprint and use less floor space
- Can be moved much more easily and without requiring re-calibration (i.e. “rolling cart” configuration is standard)
- Have a much greater optical depth of field, i.e. (“everything is in focus all at once”)
- Have a longer optical working distance (i.e. more clearance between the part and the lens)
- Allow you to compare a part to its CAD data beyond the optical field-of-view! (because the CAD data tracks the part and follows the stage motion)
- Have LED illumination for very stable illumination over a 10 year life. No more bulbs to change!