High Performance Vertical Machining Center
Presenting YAMA SEIKI “The Royal Family of Bridge Machines” of mature manufacturing abilities and advanced technology skills, the AF series are based on a high efficiency direct-driven spindle and super rigidity roller type linear guide way design with super rigidity structure and fast arm type ATC and chip conveying system, to provide you with fast, strong and stable machining performance; with its high CP value, it is broadly used in high precision machine parts manufacturers, which can easily meet your demands of today and tomorrow.
- High speed and high effieciecy direct-drive spindle design ensure the contour precision machining ability and meet all your cutting requirements.
- X, Y, Z axes are all adopted with heavy-weighted roller type linear guide way design, to provide the best control and firmly supported.
- High effiency 24T arm type design is highly reliable and shortens tool change time.
- The hang type control panel and spacious operating area provide an ergonomic working environment.
- Powerful machining capability and certified quality do not only fulfill various machining demands, but also provide with stable precision and long-lasting.
- All casting components are utilized with the Finite Element Analysis ( FEA ) which provides optimal machine design and light-weighted structure advantages while ensuring the best machine rigidity.
- △ ( Delta ) wide span column mechanism ensures a stable base during fast movement while increasing machining rigidity.
- Rib reinforced working table restrains vibration while increasing machining stability.
- X, Y, Z axes are all adopted with super rigidity roller type linear guide ways to provide features of the heavy-duty cutting ability from box ways and high speed low wear advantages from linear guide ways.
- The base uses the best wide span design which provides strong support and optimal dynamic precision.
- The column and bed are all precision hand scraped to ensure optimal assembly precision, structural strength and balanced load.
- The direct-drive system efficiently blocks the heat, which is generated from the motor, and reduces thermal deformation while increasing work accuracy in long working hour.
- 10,000 rpm, 12,000 rpm and 15,000 rpm are available; selection can be based on your needs and equipped with suitable FANUC spindle motor in order to fullfill various working conditions.
- Floating type hydraulic tool release device eliminates pressure on the spindle bearing while releasing a tool.
- The contact surfaces between spindle head and spindle are all precisely hand scraped to ensure optimal performance and precision.
High Precision Axial Feeding System
- 3 axes are driven by FANUC αi series absolute AC direct drive servo motor which provide powerful thrust and fast accelerated and decelerated movement. It can greatly decrease motor load and lower thermal expansion effects to minimum to ensure optimal performance and precision.
- The high precision twin rotating nut ball screw provides outstanding heavy-duty cutting and ensures precision and long life span.
- The one-piece ball screw motor mount and bearing box allow the cutting pressure to evenly distribute across the casting body, as well as increases the axial system overall rigidity and prevents the ball screw from deformation.
- 3 axes maximum feed rate can reach up to 48 m/min ( 1,890 IPM ).
High Speed ATC System
- The AF series use 36T arm type ATC system which can easily fulfill various types of processing needs.
- Standard shortcut tool change function can shorten tool change time and increase working efficiency.
- T-T : 1.9 seconds
- Spindle air curtain
- Spindle circular coolant
- Spindle cooling system
- Centralized automatic lubricating
- Fully enclosed splash guard
- Coolant equipment
- Screw type chip conveyor
- Automatic power off system
- Heat exchanger for electrical cabinet
- Foundation bolt kit
- Tool box
- Air gun
- Alarm light
- Direct-driven Spindle 12,000 / 15,000 rpm
- Coolant through spindle
- Spindle thermal compensation
- Oil skimmer
- CNC rotary table
- A / C cooler for electrical cabinet
- Coolant through the tool adapter
- Chip wash down coolant system
- Automatic tool lenght measurement
- Automatic work piece measurement
- Spindle power failure anti-falling system
- Arm type tool magazine
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
|X-axis travel||mm ( inch )||610 ( 23.9 )||650 ( 25.5 )||860 ( 33.8 )||1,020 ( 40.1 )|
|Y-axis travel||mm ( inch )||450 ( 17.7 )||510 ( 20.1 )||600 ( 23.6 )||550 ( 21.6 )|
|Z-axis travel||mm ( inch )||450 ( 17.7 )||510 ( 20.1 )||600 ( 23.6 )||550 ( 21.6 )|
|Distance from spindle nose|
to table center
|mm ( inch )||558 ( 21.9 )||600 ( 23.6 )||800 ( 31.4 )||610 ( 23.9 )|
|Distance between columns||mm ( inch )||150 ~ 600|
( 5.91 ~ 23.6 )
|100 ~ 610|
( 3.93 ~ 23.9 )
|100 ~ 700|
( 3.93 ~ 27.5 )
|100 ~ 735|
( 3.93 ~ 28.9 )
|Table size ( X direction )||mm ( inch )||700 ( 27.5 )||750 ( 29.5 )||1,000 ( 39.3 )||1,200( 47.2 )|
|Table size ( Y direction )||mm ( inch )||450 ( 71.7 )||510 ( 20.1 )||600 ( 23.6 )||550 ( 21.6 )|
|Table load capacity||kg ( lb )||450 ( 990 )||500 ( 1,100 )||700 ( 1,540 )||700 ( 1,540 )|
|Spindle motor ( cont. / 30 min. )||kW ( HP )||5.5 ( 7.4 HP ) / 7.5 ( 10 HP ) [ 10,000 / 12,000 rpm ]|
7.5 ( 10 HP ) / 11 ( 15 HP ) [ 15,000 rpm ]
|Spindle speed||rpm||Direct-driven 10,000 / 12,000 / 15,000|
|X / Y axes rapid feed rate||m/min. ( IPM )||32 ( 1,260 )||36 ( 1,418 )|
|Z-axis rapids feed rate||m/min. ( IPM )||24 ( 945 )|
|Cutting feed rate||m/min. ( IPM )||1-10 ( 1 ~ 394 )|
|Tool magazine capacity||T||24|
|Max. tool length||mm ( inch )||250 ( 9.84 )|
|Max. tool weight||kg ( lb )||7 ( 15.4 )|
|Max. tool diameter /|
adj. pocket empty
|mm ( inch )||Ø 80 ( 3.14 ) / Ø 150 ( 5.91 )|
|Positioning accuracy ( JIS B 6338 )||mm ( inch )||± 0.01 ( ± 0.00039 )|
|Positioning accuracy ( VDI 3441 )||mm ( inch )||P = 0.01 ( 0.00039 )|
|Repeatability ( JIS B 6338 )||mm ( inch )||± 0.003 ( ± 0.000118 )|
|Repeatability ( VDI 3441 )||mm ( inch )||Ps = 0.005|
( Ps = 0.00019 )
|Ps = 0.008|
( Ps = 0.00031 )
|Control system||FANUC Oi – MF|
|Pneumatic pressure requirement||kg/cm2 ( PSI )||6 ( 85 )|
|Coolant tank capacity||liter ( gal )||150 ( 39.6 )||320 ( 84.4 )||355 ( 93.7 )||350 ( 92.4 )|
|Machine weight||kg ( lbs )||3,500 ( 7,700 )||4,200 ( 9,240 )||5,800 ( 12,760 )||7,000 ( 15,400 )|
Specifications are subject to change without notice for quality improvement.
In case of any further information, please refer to the machine catalog.