Heavy Duty Supersize Turning Center
With leading technologies and high quality components, the GS-8000 series heavy duty CNC turning center combines a high rigidity box way bed with extra large diameter servo indexing turret and powerful gear spindle structure to provide you with efficient machining performance for large diameter and extra long work pieces. Meanwhile, with the optional live tooling turret and Y-axis, the GS-8000 series can easily accomplish multi-tasking operations for large and complex work pieces to fulfill various machining needs for today and tomorrow.
- 3-step gear box is driven by FANUC spindle motor with 45 kW ( 60 HP ) maximum torque to provide excellent heavy duty cutting capability.
- The low center of gravity slant bed and wedge saddle design provide a super rigid structure.
- The optional Y-axis travel is of 320 mm ( 12.59″ ) which provides high precision and high efficiency machining performance.
- Fully enclosed splashguards keep chips and coolant contained for a safe clean working environment.
- The MT#6 built-in bearing quill provides greater rigidity for heavy loads. The extension and retraction of the quill is programmable and pressure is adjustable. The software simplifies the positioning procedure of the programmable tailstock.
- Working with the live tooling turret and C-axis control enables the machine to perform multiple tasks such as turning, milling, drilling, and tapping. It can prevent machining error causing by moving the work piece from one machine to another thus saving cycle time and manpower.
- The optional hydraulic steady rest can support work pieces up to Ø 460 mm ( Ø 18.11″ ) diameter, which provides the best support for large work piece.